Greetings, fellow astrophiles!
This just in from the TACNY listserve.
Volunteers are needed for the CNY Regional VEX IQ Robotics Challenge – “Crossover” – which will be held at the MOST (Milton J. Rubinstein Museum of Science and Technology) on Saturday, January 21, 2017. The snow date for the competition is Sunday, January 22. Snow day status will be presented as a scroll on the MOST website on Friday evening, January 20.
Volunteers are the nuts and bolts of this robotics design, build, and compete engineering event. Of course, artificial intelligence requires human intelligence! We hope that all of you, our talented, local community, will be interested in and available to share your skills and knowledge to educate and inspire our local youth as part of our volunteer team this year.
All volunteers are welcome to arrive at the MOST at 8:00am on competition day. Due to competition needs, volunteers assigned to certain positions must arrive at 8:00am, and the remainder must arrive by 10:15am. The competition is anticipated to conclude at 3:30pm.
We will hold volunteer training at the MOST on Friday, January 20, 2017, at 5:30pm. Training is HIGHLY recommended for volunteers who have no previous experience in VEX IQ competitions, or who are filling technical volunteer positions such as Referee, Judge, Timekeeper/scorekeeper, Field Assistants, Pit Assistants, Inspectors, etc.
We offer our volunteers complimentary breakfast and lunch on event day.
If this robotics competition sounds like fun to you, please contact Diane E. Plumley, at firstname.lastname@example.org, and provide the following information:
* Your volunteer position preferences, or whether you would like to be assigned “as needed.” (Volunteers will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis, and if you happen to request positions that have already been filled, event organizers will respond to and work with you directly via email, as there is room for flexibility, and always more help is needed on event day!!)
* Whether you will attend volunteer training on Friday evening, January 20, at 5:30pm, at the MOST.
* Whether you have technical robotics prowess, either professionally, educationally, or as a hobbyist.
* Your name as you would like it to appear on a name badge and promotional materials.
* Your academic or professional affiliation as you would like it to appear on a name badge and on promotional materials.
If you have friends or colleagues that may like to volunteer, please forward this email along to them. If you have questions about volunteering, available volunteer roles, or about the event in general, please contact Diane E. Plumley, at email@example.com.
Infinite thanks to all of you!! We cannot do this without you!! With your help, it will be a successful Challenge!!
Diane & the 2017 CNY Regional VEX IQ Robotics Challenge Organizational Committee
Founded in 1903 as the Technology Club of Syracuse, the nonprofit Technology Alliance of Central New York’s mission is to facilitate community awareness, appreciation, and education of technology; and to collaborate with like-minded organizations across Central New York.