Greetings, fellow astrophiles!
This just in from the TACNY email list. Please forward along to interested parties!
YWCA Summer STEM Camps
Spots are still available for several summer STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Camps for girls offered by the YWCA of Syracuse and Onondaga County. Choose from the following:
* Camp Capstone (Registration Form) – Camp Capstone is a 4-week camp for girls 13-16 that explores the fields of construction, architecture & engineering
* Dream BuildHER (Registration Form) – Dream BuildHER is a 4-week hands-on, learn-by-doing entrepreneurship, start-up summer camp for girls 13-16
* Style Engineers (Registration Form) – Style Engineers is a project-based summer camp that utilizes apparel design as a vehicle for introducing 5th through 8th grade girls to the STEM approach to learning
Additionally, the YWCA has scholarships available for high school girls to attend OCC’s STEM Camp (details below. Click the image for a larger view and HERE for more information)!
Contact Flavia Rey de Castro (email: email@example.com or call 474-0746) for information and application for this and all the YWCA Summer Camps. Act soon as deadlines are approaching!!
From the TACNY email list – see www.ywca-syracuse.org/site/c.evKSIdOUIiJaH/b.8093969/k.9C0C/Girls_Summit_2016.htm for registration information – and I’m assuming they mean Friday, April 22nd.
Click for a larger view.
What: Girls Summit is a STEM Career Orientation day that aims to:
(1) spark the spirit, trigger the imagination and encourage young women to consider new and exciting career opportunities
(2) Increase a girl’s interest in math, science and technology and in sticking with school
(3) Provide girls with opportunities to meet and form personal contacts with women working in non- traditional fields
(4) provide hands-on learning about alternative careers in a format that is committed to benefiting girls of all ethnicities, races, religions and abilities.
When: The event will be held on Saturday, May 7th from 9:00am to 3:30pm (PRE-REGISTER BY FRIDAY APRIL 25TH)
Where: (SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry – Marshall Hall)
How Much: $5.00
For additional information please contact Flavia Rey de Castro, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 315-424-0040